school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
So proud

Hi everyone,

I am so proud of my son. Today he gave a presentation with a friend as part of a history competition, in front of two judges. I think his friend was more nervous beforehand than he was! He seemed fine - even getting there. And yet he has been going downhill all week because of this! He never thought he could do it and never wanted to do it and I nearly told him to pull out if he felt it was too much. For some reason presenting in front of someone he has less anxiety than all the thoughts that go beforehand.
Here's hoping it gives him a boost into the last two weeks of our term here.
Best wishes to everyone else -
Linda

Re: So proud

hi linda i did reply,but it didnt come up so will repost well done to your son.i bet you shed afew tears im sure this will give him more confidence well done him i know i couldnt do it bye for now donna

Linda

I'm so pleased for both of you, this is a huge achievement for your son and hopefully he will continue to grow from this, I know this has been a really trying time for you, but with your help he managed this, you should be proud of yourself as well as your son, well done

Take care
Dorothy x

Thanks Donna and Dorothy,

We feel so proud of the small steps our children take and even bigger steps - makes us really appreciate our kids and how much effort it can take them, doesn't it. My son went off to school ok today too. As long as the day runs smoothly - then this week might turn out much better. Fingers crossed.
And thinking of you both and everyone else out there who might not be having a good day....oh....but you are all supposed to be asleep at the moment! When your day starts - I hope it is a good one :-)
Linda

Linda - absolutely fantastic well done.

Sarah xx