school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
small steps

Well quite proud really. M is not good at going out at all, and never leaves the house unaccompanied. Only a small step but he has made a new friend in the boy next door - he is a few years older and has suffered with depression for years but seems to have got over it, or coping with it now. He has really helped M and talked to him for hours and M even went round to his house yesterday on his own - major achievement for him to walk roundon his own - we are only 20 yards away and knocked on the door. Every day thing for most 15 year olds but for M he has climbed a mountain.

Hope everyone else is well.

Sarah xx

Re: small steps

Thats great news Sarah!

Well done M. I'm pleased for you, we all need a good mate.

Sue and M xx

Sarah, that is so great. He must feel good that he managed that. And small steps are huge steps for our kids, aren't they!

My son is younger but also never goes out of the house without someone. He could never go and knock on our neighbours door but the boy (same age) next door used to come round and knock on our door. But because my son never did the same - the interaction/friendship stopped. We also have other kids in the street who asked him to come round and play but he has refused every time. I sometimes hear the kids in the street down at the park and they seem to be having so much fun. My son just scowls and says 'they are idiots' to cover up for what he must feel.

So well done to your son, and I know what it means to you :-)
Linda

Sarah

well done to M. small steps for most people are huge steps for our kids, hope you have a great weekend.

Take care
Dorothy x