school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
system making things worse

we have been refered to the childrens reporter because of my DDs school refusal - well inability to leave the house

we were making tiny steps - ie getting out the car and talking to teachers at the school gate ec - until the letter came for my daughter about this

now she wont go anywhere at all - she is terrified she will be taken into care

and now she almost definitely has lost her funding for her special school

well done to the system!

Re: system making things worse

Have you been to your local MP ? what does the doctor say ?surely because this is a medical reason they can't pull the funding ? I would have thought it was discrimination against a disability ?

You really need to fight this - we are here for you xx

Re: system making things worse

Hi Jezabel,

I have to agree with Sarah, you need to fight this one. It is probably the last thing you feel up to - I know how mentally and physically exhausting the whole SR thing can be. Even if there seems to be no support for you out there - that doesn't mean there shouldn't be. As well as the MP - what about the parents group that some on here get to support them - have they been involved?

And Sarah is right - this is a disability - so it is discrimination. That is why non of these types of cases ever stand up if they do get to court.
We are here to support you. Stay strong.
Linda