school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Support for Children?

I am a new member (First post 'What to do?)...i have found this forum really helpful, was wondering if anyone knows if there are any websites/forums etc that children can go on..just a comment my daughter made last night, wondering why she feels like this and that she feels she is the only only one who does? Thanks

Lisa

Re: Support for Children?

hi, I'm new. Just to say I found the site "scared of schools" just before I found this forum. Two girls going through what our kids are going through set it up. Hopes this helps your daughter in some way.
Lindy

Thanks Lindy...will have a look at it

Lisa
x

Lisa - you can get your daughter to post on here and I'm sure some of our SR children will reply, my son has posted on here in the past. Dorothy one of the parents here and my son used to text each other and he goes on x box with another SR.

Hope this helps

Sar xx

Thanks Sarah - will let her know she can do that if she wants to ..

Lisa
x

Hi Lisa,

The site set up by the two girls is more aimed at where the kids are coming from whereas this forum is all the adults pouring out their side of the frustration. I do think, however, that it is good for the kids to know what we are all going through too (to some degree) - and that they are not alone.
It is a pity that there is not a link up with local kids somehow, via the schools in the area who all must have at least one student suffering the same thing.
Linda

Thanks Linda for reply

Lisax