school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
That Feeling

We all know that feeling in a morning living with a SR. The upset, the arguments and the "phoning school" I had that feeling this morning when son no 2 woke up not well. My head said off to school but my heart said - hey he's not well. I went with my heart and made the call. I really felt quite sick doing it ( he isn't a refuser and since going into year 8 absolutley loves school ) but it bought back all the memories of days gone by. By about 11am he said he felt better and wanted to go in. Why did i get so wound up about him being off ? but the feelings are still there !!

Sar x

Re: That Feeling

I don't think those feelings will ever leave us, Sarah! And I'm sure with siblings you are always unconsciously looking for possible signs as well.
Take care,
Linda

Re: That Feeling

Linda - but isn't it daft. He was as good as gold going back to school this afternoon. You know something, there is a young lad not too far from us who's 11, and he has a brain tumor and only has a few days to live so his parents are bringing him home in the morning so they have have their last few hours/days there with him. God bless Harry. God bless his parents they must be in such a state.

Sar xx