school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
e.w.o.

Is it better to try and speak with the E.W.O first or wait for them to make contact?
Lindy

Re: e.w.o.

Hi - that is a difficult one as it depends on your EWO. I did contact mine as i needed help and advise and that worked for me ( in the end ) but some EWO's aren't so good. The advise i was given was that if you work with them then they are more happy to help you. If it came to a legal situation and you have contacted them for help i am sure they would find it very difficult to try and prosecute.
Hope this helps

Sarah xx

Thanks Sarah, it's just wanting to know the right way to go about things so that I don't let my son down.
Lindy x
p.s. Although my postings are short there is a pressure cooker in me bubbling away at the minute ,just not ready yet .....trying to get things semi clear in my own head .

Lindy - i totally understand we all do. As i said to Lisa and anyone if you ever want to chat i am more than happy to give you my number. You are not letting your son down as we are dealing with an unknown quantity here, there is no right and wrong we can only do our best

Take care

Sar xx