school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Just to share

Hi all,

I just wanted to share this morning. Our new term started today and I thought things were going to go backwards after my son could not get to sleep last night. He started to get depressed two days ago and also started talking negative feelings about how he actually didn't want this year to end because then he has to go to high school next year.

It wasn't until about 12.30 last night (after midnight the two nights previously as well!) that he finally fell asleep and this morning was so tired he thought he couldn't get up. But he did....and he went to school!
I am very proud of him and very relieved. I have to admit I didn't sleep too well myself last night - you know that feeling!
Hope everyone is not too stressed out as you head to a new day tomorrow. There are always small steps forward no matter which road our kids or ourselves end up taking on this anxiety journey.
Again - finding this forum last year was a life saver for me when we were in a pretty low place. I always feel I have someone to turn to and as a result I feel stronger and perhaps that has helped my son to also feel a bit stronger.
So thank you everyone for your support and especially Simon for providing this website and forum.
Take care everyone -
Linda

Re: Just to share

Linda that is fantastic news, I actually forgot you have different terms to us, and well done to your son. We all get that negative feeling so we are so surprised when something positive happens.

Hope it continues for you.

Lots of Love

Sarah xx

so pleased your son managed today i hope it lasts for you and him
one step at a time

best wishes
jennifer

Thanks Sarah and Jennifer.
Linda