school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
scottish education law - something that may be helpful

I have had a good converstaion with the education department in the Govan LAW Centre - this is free advice and very very good

on their advice I have put in an aplication for an independent adudication as my daughter is still being threatened to loose her place in ehr special school because she is too anxious to leave the house at all, never mind go to school

she should be offered whatever support she needs to get an education - as she wants to go to her school but her mental health debilitates her and the referral put in to CAMHS in feb still hasnt got any treatment yet

this application has been handed into the director of childrens services, and if its valid must be handed onto the relevent minister for education

this may help other people - and there must be something similar in england

we have been allocated a new ed psych who is very well respected and very experienced - and she is already starting battle for us

Re: scottish education law - something that may be helpful

That is good news - not come across it in England though

Good luck

Sar x

Re: scottish education law - something that may be helpful

That sounds good. I hope it works for you and helps others.
How is your daughter going overall? It must be very hard on you. Stay strong.
All the best,
Linda