school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
First Day Back After the Holiday !!

Well first day of tutoring after the half term break and my son is sick. I couldn't believe it after having nearly 2 weeks off and being absolutley fine. I feel awful as i didn't have too much sympathy as i know how it looks as i phoned to say he wasn't well. Everyone gets sick at time to time but of all the days, i can imagine what is being said !! I also feel bad that i wasn't as sympathetic as i should have been, don't get me wrong i wasn't cross with him but just shrugged my shoulders and thought here we go again when in actual fact i should have given him a little more credit - this is how SR gets you !!

Last night we had a lovely evening, we all sat and watched TV together and discussed Christmas and i thought what a wonderful life we actually have despite what we have been through, but this morning feel as though my world has crashed - but i know there are far worse off than me and i should be thankful !!

Hope others have had a little more success this week.

Sarah xx

Re: First Day Back After the Holiday !!

Hi Sarah,

I know that feeling - and I often find I give no sympathy when he is sick! I just can' t always figure out the difference between SR in a morning and being sick.
I hope it all works out - don't get too down - there is always that next time or the time after. After a break it is hard.
Take care
Linda x

Hi Sarah, its hard but don't we need to hold on to those wee times and good memories that we make. Maybe over time the good times will outweigh the bad. You can't help querying every time they are sick ...it is just the way SR has conditioned us. Hope your wee son feels better soon and always know he has a lovely mum!
Take care, Lindy x

hi
i know the feeling,your never sure if they are really sick or if its the effect of sr. j started not feeling well sunday night i didnt have the energy monday morning when she refused to get out of bed so i let her have the day of school, not sure if this was the right thing to do as tuesday and wednesday have been a nightmare but oh well tomorrow is another day. there may be people worse of than you but it doesnt make what you are going through any easier. i know what you mean about phoning school i always think that when they hear my message their eyebrows raise and think not again but does it matter what they think.
hope tommorrow is better for you and your son.
best wishes
jennifer