school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: School refuser

Hi Andrea and Linda,

I am delighted by the wealth of information you have both provided. I am working today, but I can assure you that I will get back to you both the minute I get home.

I cannot thank you enough for both your replies, and everything you have both said is exactly what my daughter and I are going through.

Thank you thank you thank you!!

Kindest regards,
Diane x

Diane

Hi - apologies but i can't write much at the moment as i about to go into a meeting, but just to let you know I am thinking about you and i do understand how you are feeling believe you me, no one knows how a SR parent feels. You have got some excellent feed back already and i agree with everything stated.

Will write more later, but keep your chin up we are here for you.

Love Sarah xx

Hi Diane,

Welcome to the site ...... as Sarah said, no one knows how it feels to be the parent of a SR unless you are one.

Oh how I wish I hadnt been. It's a tough tough road but I managed to get through it with the support and friendship of everyone on here.

They saved my life many times, when I was tearing my hair out after long meetings with the professionals.

I know they will help you too. You are not alone.

Thank you all.

Sue and M xx

(Oh Andrea, you are a wealth of information .... how I wish I'd known all you do, when I was fighting my way through)

Hi everyone,

I am so touched by all the replies and simply cannot find the words to thank you all. I am so tired today. My brain has gone into overdrive. I'm going to take a big breath and get back to you all when my brain settles down a bit. It's just so overwhelming, however I am not going to give up. You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

I'm amazed at how similar we all are. I did think my daughter and I were the only ones. It seems my little girls fears the same fears as your children. Bless them!! I strongly believe our children will grow to be strong and wise individuals because of what they are going through right now. This will strengthen and encourage them. The bravery my daughter shows each day never seizes to amaze me. She is so mature and has such a great understanding of her own feelings and thoughts. Her qualities are beautiful and it is so sad to see my daughter suffer every day, it just breaks my heart.

Andrea, you are an inspiration. I am so thankful I came across this site!! I look forward to talking more with everyone and I thank you all again for taking the time to reply to me!

Kindest regards,
Diane xxx

Hi Linda - that was the short version lol! I've just made a separate post on here asking about CBT and where/how to start with it.

Sue - thanks, I just hope the research pays off; I'm on tenterhooks to see what the outcome is!

Diane - thanks for your email - I look forward to chatting any time, on here or off.

Take care everyone x

Diane,

Like Sue has said - this site saved my life. It is very hard to find other parents going through the same thing at a local level yet the statistics show there are more than our child going through at the same time.
My son's thoughts are also well above his age group and often very touching due to his insight and observation. This probably lands him in trouble when the anxiety hits as it means he thinks too much! I have my fingers crossed that I can get him there today.

Andrea - you have done tremendous work to help others by your action. I hope there is a positive outcome as it will make the world of difference to others who follow. Thank you on behalf of everyone with SR!
Linda