school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A lay persons guide to CAMHS?

What are the tiers all about?

Re: A lay persons guide to CAMHS?

Hi Hillie -just wanted to say hello really; I can't help you with you with your question as we're still 4 months from an initial meeting with them :)

Hi Hillie,
Was looking up and found a good explanation on the nottinghamshire.gov.uk/ camhs booklet. It gives a triangular representation of camhs services with tier 4 being the most specialized. Other sites have described the tiers the same as Nottingham's . Hope this is some help.
take care
Lindy x

Hi = it is my understanding that tier 1 is the basic one for minor problems as some teachers are CAMHS tier 1 trained - going up in stages to tier 4 for more complex issues. Wonder what tier my son was classified as ??

Hope this helps = Sarah x

TIER 3 seems to be things like play therapy, psychotherapy, ADHD clinics

Tier 4 is inpatient,day unit,Intensive treatmnent service and early psychosis treatment