school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Basic Advise

Hi all - i see we have quite a few ner members here, and my heart goes out to you all, because i understand been there dome that and wearing the T shirt.

Looking at basic advise for you all:
Contact GP and get a referal to CAMHS
Contact Parent Partnership - they are so helpful
Keep a daily diary of everything

I am not professional by a long shot but this was the advise i was given all those years ago and it helped me no end.

You will all find so much support on here so keep posting as it helps you as a parent feel you are not alone, there is always someone to help.

Love to you all

Sarah xx

Re: Basic Advise

That's great advice, thanks Sarah. I hadn't thought about keeping a diary of what's been going on, but it would probably help a lot, in practical ways as well as getting things off my chest...I might even be able to get to sleep before 4am lol.

A diary to document everything and a journal/diary to express feelings are both good. I write a lot in my journal when I am frustrated and it really helps and stops me also firing off at my son.
Linda

Good post Sarah!

Here's what we have so far:

>Contact GP and get a referal to CAMHS
>Contact Parent Partnership - they are so helpful
>A diary to document everything and a journal/diary to express feelings are both good.

And I add:
>Keep copies of all correspondence
>Make notes at all meetings and share them if there are no minutes

Thanks for the additional advise Simon - wish i had known these when M's SR started.

Sarah xx