school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Well was i right or was i right !!

You may have read earlier that my son was wobbling about going to college for the day - he went, although if looks could kill i wouldn't be sitting here he had a fab day. Although he realised i was right he still couldn't really admit it to me, so i just had a smug smile on my face and laughed !! Well done matey, will be so much easier next week ( i hope )

Sarah xx

Re: Well was i right or was i right !!

Hi Sarah,

Is this the Friday film course that your son was going to?
Well done to him for going and staying!!
And yes you were most definitely right.
Take care,
Lindy x

Yes and he is doing so well with it, not that he thinks so !!

Feel quite smug really, well i did until 10 minutes ago when his hamster died !!!

Sarah xx

Hi Sarah,

Well done! DO you think SR kids have this tendency to not be able to embrace their own success? My son shrugs off any success or compliment from others as 'anyone could have done it' or 'who cares'.
It is probably the lack of self esteem. Do you think your son found it hard then or you don't know? (being there for the day?).
Again - well done to both of you.
LInda

Hi Linda - to be honest i haven't got a clue - he can't accept praise at all and just hides and thinks people are being funny. I have just sat here and heard him laugh, and i mean laugh so much he is crying and that in itself is a major break through ( on x box with an old friend ) i am so pleased for him i really am its wonderful. M is still in the running for his film production competition having got through yet another stage - his short film may be televised so please all vote for him please all of you. I have spent the evening talking to a friend who has a new SR - oooh its bought back so many memories its untrue.

anyway time for bed so hope you all have a great weekend.

Sarah xx