school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
its only bad parenting

apparently its my fault - SS report is awful about me - looks like there will be a hearing and maybe complusary measures

the take on it is thats lack of boundaries and parenting is the cause

SS say she is out of parental control and list all my faults - they have not one positive thing to say about me - not one

She may end up in care

Re: its only bad parenting

Jezebel,
I'm so sorry you are going through all this ! What I don't understand is .....How can they say it is down to your parenting when they would have assessed your parenting skills when you went through the adoption process 7 years ago? What other support have you had? I think that they all need to walk a mile in our shoes!!
Always here for you,
take care,
Lindy x

Jezebel - Like Lindy i am so sorry for you i really am and we are all here for you. I too am confused as being an adoptive parent your checks would have been very high so what are they on about ?? Also am i right in saying you are a CAMHS tier 4 and they said she is better at home ? What have they actually said about your parenting - you have to remember every single one of us have been accused of being too soft or a bad parent or something.

I am stuck for time at the moment but will post again later, but wanted you to know we are here for you.

Sarah xxxx

I am so sorry to hear this, Jezebel. This just does not sound right. Anxiety brings forth all kinds of behaviour - and if they do their background work they'd know that. It is just too easy to blame the parents. Would it help if we put our stories together for you to give the authorities to show that we have also been blamed but what our kids go through? Please let us know what we can do to help.
What about getting your local MP involved? Someone on the forum from the UK might have other specific advice ( I feel a bit out of it down here sometimes!!).
We are here for you at any time - please don't feel you are on your own with this.
Linda xx

Jezebel

So sorry to hear that you have been treated so badly, deep down you know that your not a bad parent, you are supporting your child and doing the best you can. We are all here and will help in any way we can.

Take care
Dorothy x

hi,it makes me so cross that they always blame the parents,they have been blaming me for five yrs iwas put on parenting course which i could have taught them i have 29 yrs experience with kids,but as we all know all kids are different! school is our kids problem .i was asked in ameeting if i thought my son has school phobic i answered well he only gets anxious when going there and cant cope in aclass .have you anybody fighting your side like parent partnership.i will be watching to see how you get on ,i read alot of threads just dont always write in take care and good luck

Jezebel,
Haven't been able to get you out of my head this weekend. Have you had a chance to re think of who you need to get in touch with now? ...What about the Govan law centre? ...would they go through the documentation with you? ...what about camhs input?
always here,
take care,
Lindy x

Like Lindy and all of us here you are on our minds and in our thoughts Jezabel, how are you all ?

Sarah xx

Jezebel, please pm me as I think I can help but don't want to bring too much attention as my own case is under scrutiny if that makes sense :) There are legislations in place UK wide that come into place here.... please please get in touch.

Jezebel, Just hoping you had better success with the meeting today and that things will move in a more positive way for you
Take care,
Lindy x