school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment

Well as many of you may know especially the ones of us who have been on here forever, my sons biggest anxiety was the phrophacy that the world will end in 2012 as predicted. We had our usual anxieties this morning about going to college but as M sat eating his breakfast and reading the paper the headlines read - 2012 the end of the world - oooohhh no !! great !! He continued to read the article ( some of you may have seen it ) that this prediction made 1300 years ago was actually wrong and the world is now not going to end !!!! Well he thought all his Christmas had come at once. He was slightly late for college as he needed to read and re read the article. Driving to college he was very relaxed, and because he was late he had to go into another group for the first hour ( 4 other students ) which is unheard of, and he waltzed in as if he didn't have a care in the world. I am so hoping this is a major break through for him, but my gut feeling is he may find another idea to fixate on.

For the timebeing i'm going to enjoy it, and he may even find that he is ok with other pupils to work with in college - lets hope so.

Love to all

Sarah xx

Re: 2012

HI Sarah, Has you son come home yet? How did he feel being in with the others? Two positives today = congtratulations to him !
Take care and enjoy the weekend,
Lindy x

Lindy - he's home and absolutley fine, telling everyone who will listen that the world isn't going to end.

Looking at it on paper it sounds so silly, but it really has been awful for him, i can't imagine how it feels to be so anxious.

You have aa good weekend too.

Lots of love Sarah xx

Hi Sarah,

So glad it turned out positive for your son. My son had mentioned the end of the world in 2012 a few times but probably due to his age when I brushed it aside and told him about many predictions not coming true he was ok....however, it is not 2012 yet and he might start going on about it. I haven't a newspaper here with that headline so might just check out on-line and gently point him in that direction! Well done to your son. Something we can dismiss as not being true, just because we can put probability into perspective is much harder or near impossible for them it seems.
Take care,
Linda xx

Linda - if you want i can scan and e- mail the article - it was in the Daily Express.

Yes all good at the moment, but know he still has a way to go

Sarah xx

Sarah

So good to hear this, long may it continue.

Take care
Dorothy x

Hi Sarah,

That might be very useful. My email is with my posting. Starting secondary school and predictions of the world ending in the same year has not mae next year look very positive at all
Hope your son continues going ok at the moment.
Linda

That's fantastic news!

Linda - google The Sun as in the news paper and then 2012 in the search column the article was on 1st December.

Hope it helps you too

Sarah xx

Thanks Sarah. Will do.
Linda