school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
good news

Hi everyone

Sorry it's taken so long to post, I didn't want to say anything until it happened, my boy started work today! it is a work placement organised by career's scotland, it's for 13 weeks but can be extended, it is in a local co op, and hopefully it will build on his confidence and self esteem, I was a bit worried as it is close to the school, but he got himself up this morning, showered, breakfast then asked for a lift down, no problems whatsoever. I am so proud of him.

Take care
Dorothy x

Re: good news

Dorothy - Absolutley fantastic news I am so proud of him - he has done amazingly well. You enjoy this good news you all deserve it.

Love to you all Sarah xx

Hi Dorothy,

That is just amazing news. What a relief, I am so happy for you. It is so nice to hear some good news. Gives us all hope! Particularly as my sons graded exposure into his new school has ground to a halt after a really good start. Well done to your son and well done to you too. It takes so much energy to try and stay calm for our children when they are gearing up to having to do something that is difficult for them.

Its made my day!

sophy

That is excellent news! It must be great to have something positive to hold on to. Well done to him for giving it a shot. It's great for the rest of us, too, to hear some good news! it gives us hope.

Hugs

Allie

Wonderful news, Dorothy. Hopefully the environment is something he feels comfortable with. That is one huge step for him! I am sure you must be finding it hard to believe it has actually happened after waiting with all those 'what ifs' of your own creeping in.
Great to hear such good news.
All the best,
Linda

Thanks every one, it is a huge step, his first day went ok, I'm sure he will have no problems continuing with this.

I'm not pushing college but, whenever I mention it he doesn't want to know, I'm now thinking this seems to be an education thing, but right now we are just enjoying his success.

You are all always in my thoughts.

Take care
Dorothy x

Sophy

Sorry to hear things not going to well, try and stay strong and continue to take one day at a time, things do get better........or do we just learn to cope more as time goes by.

Take care
Dorothy x

Hi Dorothy - You were in my thoughts all day yesterday wondering how he went on, so pleased for you all x

Sophy - I'm sorry to hear things aren't going too well - we get our hopes up that all is well, then it only takes something small to upset the apple cart. I know how you feel, my son did a gradual exposure back into school after having 12 month off, he did really well and after about 6 weeks he was back full time and this continued for 6 months, but after he went back after the summer holidays and there was a mix up in the new classes we were back at square one. Don't lose heart though, your son is doing his very best as did my son but in the end it wasn't to be.

Take care and just keep supporting him.

Sarah xx

Dorothy, What fantastic news. Sorry I am a bit late in replying but I haven't checked in for a while.
He must be so proud of him self.
x

Dorothy,
Hope everything is still going well.
Our local co-op has a reputation as being one of the worst in Scotland, however I have always been impressed at the way they train and support the younger members of staff. They quickly become the social centre for village gossip!
Simon