school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
a lot depends on monday

after CAMHS Intensive Treatment Service working with us since novemebr - the plan is a visit to school on monday

a lot depends on this happening - if we manage and then the support worker can get her in for a bit every day - the potential hearing will be put on hold

social services have said such terrible things about my parenting it will be a disaster if we have to go to a hearing (how would I ever get her there anyway?) apparently its all my fault and despite being placed for adoption with me due to her terrible past, that isnt being taken into account at all and I am being blamed

I feel ill with nerves as its me that has to get her in on monday - please all send some visit schol vibes

Re: a lot depends on monday

I wish you all the luck in the world fingers toes and everything crossed - you are not a bad parent but i think we have all been accused of that at one time or another.

Lots of vibes

Sar xx

jezebel

social services have said such terrible things about my parenting it will be a disaster if we have to go to a hearing (how would I ever get her there anyway?) apparently its all my fault and despite being placed for adoption with me due to her terrible past, that isnt being taken into account at all and I am being blamed

Hi Jezebel,
will definitely be sending school visit vibes your way . If they are so insistent why do they not come and witness what it is like to try and get a child over the doorstep! Try and have a fun weekend and keep things as calm as possible on Sunday night.....not easy I know! Keep strong!
take care,
love Lindy x

Sending you lots of vibes! Hope you can distract yourself (and your daughter can) enough over the weekend to have a few moments of relaxation. If we feel like this trying to get our kids to school - we can imagine how the kids feel! The thought of not being able to do it must way very heavy on their minds. You are not a bad parent, as Sarah has said - we are all accused of that along the way - but you have certainly been put more in the spotlight lately. It should, however, be the other way round, that they work 'with' you to give you the support in what is a very difficult situation.
Fingers crossed for you. But if it doesn't happen, remember your daughter's mental health is most important so you are doing the right thing and it is the authorities that are not understanding. Let your daughter know you are there for her not matter what happens on Monday.
All the best,
Linda xx

we got in and managed 15 minutes - she was crying her eyes out on the way

tomorrow I take her in and the mental health worker will be there to stay with her for a while

we are very lucky we are getting this input wish everyone could have this help

That sounds like a really good effort. It must just be so hard but she tried.
Let us know how things progress.
take care
Linda

well we didnt manage tday - its just sooooooo frustrating isnt it

At lesat your daughter tried-even for 15 mintutes is better than nothing. I know in a week or so we are going to try to get my daughter to school, a different one in our town with the smaller class, i am nervous just thinking about it. Our school had also called social services, they said they wanted to give us options as we were a family in crisis. True, but they know we had our own psychologist, etc, it was very stressful and i was very upset. I am also very thankful for the support on this forum.

Jezebel,
Sorry not to have caught up with you til now, but how did it go?
Simon