school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wits End

My daughter has hated school since infants,I havedropped her off with out shoes,in her night cloths with her uniform in juniors. Then from July last year she has been getting more challenging about going to school. She has been at secondary school from 2009.
Since september 2011 her attendance has dropped to 75% and she has attacked me physically ,by text and verbally. I have stepped back since september and am trying to encourage her to take responsability. Her Father refused to attend school at a similar age. I have two other children one of whom is doing Alevels,one final year GCSE I myself am final year University and working in a very insecure job.I am concerned about where this is going and also about the long term impact of this on my daughter.