school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
update

after a rather difficult few weeks with intensive CAMHS , things got much wrse and now we re waiting for the arrangements to be put in place and my DD admitted for a few weeks assessment and treatment to the adolescent psyciatric inpatient unit

there was a huge meeting after certain "events" ((when pushed my daughter became so panicked she got violent) with multi agency seniour people - and admission is he plan

I am relieved and devastated

Re: update

Jezebel,

I'm so sorry to hear you are having such an awful time. My heart goes out to you and your daughter. Just remember you are doing all you can for your daughter and that she will get through this eventually with your love and support.

Thinking of you both,

Sophy

I have to agree with Sophy, and i feel so sorry for you, but if the treatment works you will be over the moon, and further forward than alotof us here.

Love to you all, we are here to help and support you.

Sarah xx

I think we are lucky in many ways - she is going to be assessed for lots of stuff including autism, our wonderful new ed psych will be teasting her in the unit school for specific learning problems, she will get treatment for her "extreme anxiety disorder" tested for psychiatric disorders psychosis

I wish everyne could get such a comprehensive help

Good luck Jezebel. I do hope you can find a way forward after this assessment. It must be very hard for you at the moment.
Linda xx

jezebel

Stay strong, sometimes what we, as parents, need, is for things to be taken out of our hands for just a short while, hopefully she will get the help she needs, thinking about you.

Take care
Dorothy x