school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
forum for SR children to use

Just wondered if anyone knew if there was any forums llike this but for the teenagers themselves to use?

Sarah H

Re: forum for SR children to use

Sarah,

There was a site set up but it is now old and I notice has had no updates. You can have a look below but I think seeing the two who set it up have moved on and I am sure the url has changed - then it has become lost.

http://www.freewebs.com/scared-of-school/schoolphobicstories.htm

I don't know of anything else.
Linda

Hi Linda

Just wondered if we could set up a forum on here for children. I'm sure my daughter would benefit from talking to others. Maybe some registration may be necessary so only the children could log into it, not sure how easy that sort of thing is to set up?

Paula

Simon is the chap as he sorted this one for us - and sorts out the financing for it too - He regularly reads threads so he will certainly be able to let you know if it is possible and costs etc.

SarX

CHILDLINE have forums on their website about all sorts of subjects. Only problem is that there is no registration(as far as I could see) so anyone could post, children and adults. I felt like I was prying somewhat when I was looking on there but it has some good advice on all sorts of things that may be troubling our children.

Tracey