school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
play therapy

My son has started play therapy. The concept behind this is that the child plays with toys and art materials and over a period of weeks certain themes will regularly emerge. What the play therapist then does with this information I am not sure - we haven't got that far yet. The good part is that M is enjoying the play therapy sessions which take place at school once a week, and if nothing else act as an incentive for getting him in that day.

Re: play therapy

Sasha

So glad that M is enjoying the sessions, and is interacting at school. Hope it helps.

Sarah x

Hi Sasha,

Good to hear about this. Keep us posted and let us know how it goes and what themes come up. Very interesting.
All the best,
Linda

Apparently the first three sessions were about confidence building and M and the play therapist getting to know each other. Now it has stepped up a bit and addressed some issues, but I have no idea what as M has been a lot less forthcoming. He is still willing to participate however.

Hi Sasha
It's good to see that while your son might not be sharing everything that happens at a session, he is still willing to go. Early days.
All the best

Virginia

So glad it's going well for both of you x