school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
up date

Hi guys

Just thought I would let you know that my son is still going to college, he doesn't go every day and sometimes only stays for an hour, but that is fine, the problem I have now is that he can't be bothered going, this is something I can deal with, something 'normal'.

There is a job vacancy at our local halfords, my son went in on Friday, by himself, asked for an application form, he brought it home, filled it out, then took it back, this is something he never would have done before.

So proud of him.

Take care
Dorothy x

Re: up date

Hi Dorothy,
Well done to your son, just to have that bit of self confidence is pretty powerful. Another positive step!
Take care,
love Lindy x

Good news!

'We' too have made a job application. Sadly, heard nothing back. But it was a step forward.

Hi Simon and Dorothy,

Great to hear about those steps your kids have taken. Well done to them - and to you for experiencing the pride.
Linda xx

Simon

Thats excellent, it is a bit disheartening when they hear nothing back, but what a huge achievement applying in the first place.

Take care
Dorothy x