school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
son

Hi everyone,

other battling weekend nearly over. After two days looking positive he sank into depressing mood.
He is now looking for excuse why he cannot go to school,
but when I talk to him and reason with him he really understand that longer he leave it the worst it become.
His problem now is "everybody will be looking at me and judging me".
Thanks for that advice I will try to ring them up and chase them for appointment because I am varied about his school and he is crying out for help. I think we all should be attending some course - we have to act as a very understanding, patient and loving parents. It is hard when you have normal kid who is independent and easy going like my daughter and than you have someone with who you have to be careful what you say, what you do, have you look and specially in public but you love them and you feel for them and you can't help them.
Good luck everyone...

Re: son

I know exactly how you feel, Mariana. And it is so frustrating that they can't seem to see reason and how irrational their thoughts are. Please do get help - cognitive behaviour can help change those thought patterns
As I say this - I do have lots of success - but this morning he is struggling. We should have left for school by now but....not yet!
Hope you find the help soon. Let us know how you go.
Linda xx