school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
light at the end of the tunnel!!!!

hi,i havent posted for a while.my son as all the posters refused school on and off for 5 yrs he was eventually assessed with traits of asad and adhd and severe anxiety.he has been tutored in the library and went to referral centre until he was threatened with aknife this was amixed referral centre as in excluded kids with medical.i now have him in a referral centre in another borough from mine only for vunerable children and he loves it he actually enjoys it!!!! i cant believe it he has gone from a child who wouldnt go out of the house to a child who will come back from school on his own he has to get abus,train and tram.it is only three mornings a week but its enough for him i pay aman to take him in mornings as public transport to stressful how very proud of him i am.

Re: light at the end of the tunnel!!!!

Great news Donna. How amazing for you son to be able to take the transport home too! Do you think it is just the other kids in the environment that help or do they take a totally different approach?
Linda

HI LINDA,i think its not full of kids on public transport at 12pm so he can cope its aroom or train full of kids totally stress him!the centre he goes too i feel really like him, for who he is which is heart warming for me.its a very calm environment and such lovely people.at the moment i kept him off as his nanny died on tuesday and hes very upset but he asked if he could go friday what ashock he has never asked to go to school.long may it last hes doing his english gcse course work at moment so i suppose life isnt so bad.he just needs to get used my my father in law living with us now!!!

Donna - absolutley fantastic well done. My son still won't use public transport this is a no no but with time i hope this changes.

Sarah xx