school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
i've left

Well i officially left school last Friday, not that i ever really started but it is behind me now. I have struggled for many years as a phobic, but with lots of support i made it. GCSE's under way and a chance of a good career.

Thank you Mum, i know you will read this.

M

Re: i've left

Well done M. And Sarah is a wonderful mum who has been there with you all the way through the rocky road that it has been for you. And it has been tough, hasn't it! Is there any advice you have for any of the kids who are still struggling with school?
I wish you well for the time ahead. I hope there are new doors that open up for you and that you feel much more able to take on new challenges. Always remember - any hiccup that does occur is just that - it is never going backwards :)
All the best - you deserve it : )
Linda xx

well im not sure i am the best person to give advise but one thing i would say is to any one who can't go to school is to really try your best to go, don't give up on never going back as i have missed out on so much socially. don't worry about what other kids think you will soon be old news, and be honest with your parents don't make excuses tell it how it is and be honest with yourself. I wish i had my time again.
Remember none of us want to be like this.

I'll have my laptop back thank you !! Well done honey in the end we got there, may not have been a straight road and had our fair share of obsticles but here we are.

Love you loads xx

Hi again M,

Your advice is good. My son is still trying to go and gets there 3-4 times a week on average. I will get him to read your post as I think he needs to realise that what he is doing is actually really good. And the honesty - yep - seems to be important in working together.

You have learnt life skills that others don't have to face until they are an adult- so that should help you later on in life - so don't ever feel that there has been any time wasted - you were still growing and developing and you sound like you are a good thinker (even though you all think too much!!).
Good luck!
Linda

Hi M,
It was so lovely to read your words . You are such a thoughtful son. Give your wee mum a big hug!! It has not been an easy journey for you but you've known your mum has been there walking that journey right beside you.
Wishing you all the best for your future, whatever decisions you make.
Take care,
love Lindy x

Hi M
Congratulations. Best wishes in the future. You have written some wonderful words and sound like a wonderful person.
I can only wish you all the best in whatever career you choose.
You are a credit to your Mum and yourself

Virginia

Thank you so much for your kind words, it has again made me cry. Yes he is a lovely lad, but over the years we have had some battles, when he wouldn't communicate or tell me what was wrong, or making false promises he knew he couldn't keep about going back to school. We still have a long way to go, but he knows that if he helps himself i will support him, but from now on he has to keep his end of the deal.

Sarah xx

M

Well done to you, you have come so far, I know that R just wants to put his school years behind him now, but you have both been to hell and back and have grew into amazing young men, I wish you every happiness in the future and I hope that life is now kind to you, you have been through more in the last 5 years than some people ever go through in a life time, but you have shown that you never give up and that is a strength that will always be with you. Good luck in all that you do and like I've said to your mum, we all share a bond and we will always stay in touch, much love from R and myself.

Take care
Dorothy x

Thank you, M, for letting us know your news.

It has been a tough time for you, but you now have a bright future to look forward to.

Good luck!

Simon