school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
scary what TES teachers think about school refusa;

http://community.tes.co.uk/forums/t/519891.aspx?PageIndex=2

Re: scary what TES teachers think about school refusa;

Oh - i have just read the threads, and wish i had seen them sooner as i would have had a few choice words to add. Some on there have absolutley no idea, and obviously the last post her child wasn't a true SR but a naughty child as by taking everything off them made him go back to school. This has made me so cross what a dreaful person !!

I recommend you all read these threads !!

Hope you are well - how's things going for you ?

Sarah xx

OMG thats all I can say, those poor kids and as you say the last lady from America, her poor son I hope he gets to leave home soon!

Thanks Jezabel for this. So is this what those other mums and dads 'really' want to say to us when they just say ' if he was my son I'd just make him go'!! I've had that said to me a few times....thank goodness they didn't go on! That last mum on there sounded awful! The kid was scared out of his wits! You don't have to be that 'tough'! I'd much prefer the 'firm but kind' approach than so called 'tough love' that she blindly believed in.

These people are typical of so many who do not know what we and our kids go though, aren't they. And of course teachers can hold these views (we have met them too, haven't we!). Oh well - we can only keep putting our story out there whenever we can and ensure that other parents don't think we are just big softies who have a 'sulking' child who can 'snap out of it' by 'being dragged kicking and screaming'. No one seems to ask or look into 'why are these kids not wanting to go to school'?'
It is such a big part of all our lives....it shouldn't be a traumatic experience for any child. Oh well....I give up on those kind of people in the threads....they probably have their own issues in their lives. 'Those who criticise others are most unsure of themselves' is a phrase that comes to mind.
Linda

Crikey! What an awful woman! That poor boy, he is going to grow up with more mental health issues than school refusal with a mother like that. Thanks for sharing.

R x