school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Holidays

Note to all parents ( apologies Linda ) who's children who are now on the summer holiday break - relax de stress and don't worry and have yourselves a great holiday you all deserve it. xx

Sarah xx

Re: The Holidays

Hi Sarah

Also wishing everyone a happy holiday. Relax and forget the anxieties : )

Unfortunately we had a shaky start to this new term. My son has been off most of the week with a cold. My fingers are crossed that he faces next week ok and that he doesn't feel he has already slipped behind. It seems so hard for him to keep up once he has missed out these days.

But he just got his half year report and he has passed everything (only just in one subject) . The main issue is always - absences....and also not handing in finished work. I am sure many of you also go through this. It is frustrating to keep reading the comments on handing things in or missing things when my son went so well in his attendance last term! The report covers term 1 and 2 - and these days instead of just forgetting term 1 (as I would have as a teacher in the past) they have to be accountable for every piece of work not finished and every absence across the whole semester. There is little room these days for reflecting on individual achievements.

Take care everyone,
Linda