school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Folders and Folders

Well just been having a sort out today and i have 5 folders full of letters reports etc regarding my son's SR - do i keep or do i throw now it is all over ??

Sar xx

Re: Folders and Folders

Hi Sarah,

Maybe keep them for now? Much as you probably want to toss them - they might come in handy to help others?
Hope you still keep posting on here - I can't thank you enough for all your support : )
Knowing also that there is light at the end of the tunnel is so hopeful for us who are still trekking or stumbling through unknown territory.
You have done a wonderful job and you are a terrific mum.
Take care,
Linda xx

Hi Linda - thank you for your kind words and you have been as much support to me as i have you.

Part of me wants to say goodbye to SR, burn all my folders and put it all behind me but i don't think i can. I am still writing my diaries up in the hope that one day they will be of help to others. Don't ever lose hope - i never ever thought M would get to where he is now not in a million years but he has, and he is an amazing young man who has had a rough time. Quite funny really we watched a programme on the television last night about families goind back in time, and yesterdays episode was the 1970's and they highlighted the strikes, as we watched he asked me if i could remember those days, no computers, no facebook etc, hate to admit it but yes i went to High School in 77, and i remember the teachers being on strike and only doing a 2 or 3 day week - he replied he might have been able to cope with that !! I did laugh, something that as a family we have missed!!

So in answer to your question yes if i can help anyone i will. As i have said before my son missed the majority of High School, it's been a very challenging time for the whole family as we have seen some very bad times, but we survived and i say this, i wouldn't change they way my son has turned out for the world.

Love to all xx

Hi Sarah

I have also still got all paperwork, I still struggle to look at it and the thought of it still upsets me, but I just cant throw it away, like your self it's such a big part of our life.

Hope your well, I still think of you and Linda often, I know you are still going through this Linda, but it will get better.

Take care my good friends
Dorothy x

hi Dorothy,

Nice to hear from you and thanks for your positive comments. My folder is still filling up. Hope your things at your end are going ok? I look to the personal journey from you and Sarah (Simon and Sue) for hope as I still plod along! I know things are not completely smooth for you at the other end but with school out of the way it must be a huge relief for everyone?
Love to hear from you some time - and I am sure, like Sarah, your experience can help others who struggle in those early days especially.
Thanks for being there when I thought our world was on a steep decline : )
Take care,
Linda xx

Linda, like sarah I will always be here, we're on this journey together. Things ok this end, I've got my happy go lucky boy back, he's loving his driving lesson's and can't wait to sit his test, only small worry for me at the moment is his lack of friends, all due to the fact he wasn't at school, but, he still has the one friend who has been there for him all through his nightmare, and I'm sure when he gets out working he will makes lots of new friends.

Take care
Dorothy x

Hi Dorothy - hope you are well. Sounds as though R is doing well what along way we have come, and i know Linda will get there too as will everyone.

M how has a girlfriend - he has been very honest with her about his problems which i did think was very brave but she is a lovely girl and very understanding which has been a great help to him, my fear is he will rely on her a little too much but at 16 he has to learn to make his own decisions.

I will stay in touch too, and help where i can.

Lots of love Sarah xx