school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Happy New Year

Happy New Year to everyone!

Here's hoping that we have a year that we can manage, both at our own personal level as well as those who deal with us and our children : )
And here's hoping that our children find something this year to help them move forward.
Small steps are good.
May the year otherwise be peaceful
There is always someone here to support you on your rocky road : )
Thanks to everyone on here who has saved me over the years - especially Sarah, Dorothy, Simon, Sue and Sophy from the early days - and more recently, Clarity and others. Your support is truly appreciated. Hoping I can help others who need someone to turn to. Anyone new reading this - there is a wealth of knowledge on this forum to help you. Anxiety and school refusal is so misunderstood - but we are not alone.
Take care -
Linda xx
PS I am a bit ahead of time sending these wishes from down here : )

Re: Happy New Year

Thanks for all your good wishes Linda - the same right back to you and all the members here.

For us school starts back tomorrow morning. The break has been wonderful and I havent mentioned plans for school much. I'm going to get uniforms ready now for both my daughters and will go to bed tonight with positive hopes that my youngest will somehow galvanise enough strength to get through those doors tomorrow at 8.30am and communicate with her school support team about an achievable re-integration program.

Best of luck to everyone here facing challenges related to school refusal. Happy New Year to all.