school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
One more day to go

Hi every1, if you are feeling like me at the moment then u will be happy as one more day to go till the kids break up from school and then 2 whole weeks of not having to worry, releif is an understatement if only short lived but its a well needed break in this house from the daily battle.

Altho this week has been a bit better after 2 weeks of no school at all we had 1/2 day on monday and 2 hrs today and hopefully 1/2 day tommorow but will wait and see.

Have received CAHMS appointment for 22nd april for assessment so a better week in all, how has every1 elses week been.

Happy easter to you all x

Re: One more day to go

Yes Jo - it is such a relief. Glad to hear you have had some success and now have an appointment booked.

I am somewhat in disbelief as my son has now gone 8 full days in a row.

For those who have not had a good week. Take some time out over easter to just forget school. Re engage with your child if you can (I know I used to have to do this a few times a year). And remember - there is always next week and the one after. There is light at the end of the tunnel. This is the time for us to all re charge our own batteries.
Take care and happy easter to all -
Linda xx

Re: One more day to go

Brilliant Linda thats great news, she has gone again this morning 8 - 11.30 so it something rather than nothing, and yes u r right im gonna try n do lots with them over the next 2 weeks and not mention the word school lol xxx