school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Big Day - and I'm nervous

I have been absent from the Forum for a while, but felt drawn back by a big day for my daughter today - and I am feeling nervous.

She has an interview at college where she has to prove her difficulties with school refusal to bolster her chances of gaining a pass, as attendance is being counted as one of the criteria.

I had to look out evidence from the past, and it was all very emotional bringing it together. I don't know what she will take with her, but she has done so well to get to this stage, and it cannot help to revert back to where she was.

Anyway, if I am nervous, then I hate to think how she must be feeling!

Re: Big Day - and I'm nervous

All the best Simon! It has been a long journey for you but your daughter has done so well. Hopefully both your nerves will calm. I have my fingers crossed for you that all goes well.
Let us know the outcome.
Sending best wishes from afar : )
Linda xx

Hope she got on ok Simon, how did it all go?

xxx
jo

jo
Hope she got on ok Simon, how did it all go?
jo

It all seems to have gone well, thank you. And she got an A grade in her final piece of work, so that's good too!

Hi Simon

That's fantastic! Isn't it funny how you worry so much about your daughter - and always will because of the past- but it turns out so well. She must be really motivated in what she is doing and very good at her art (I presume this is still in the art area?)
All the best -
Linda xx