school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CAMH's visit today

Wish me luck guys, DD, me and hubby have been asked to go to session with two councilors at the CAMH's offices in a nearby town. DD have huge difficulties with getting in car going to this type of session, feels anxiety acutely as well as expects to feel travel sick, loathes meetings of this type sharing feelings and talking, where things are focused on her, feels that she can't leave, worries about the size of the room and the expectations, previous experience have not been very successful. But hey ho you never know things could be completely different today!!!!!
Just have to keep trying to do the right thing.

Re: CAMH's visit today

good luck hope all goes better than u expect and that your daughter can get through it and the car journey, let us no how u got on.

My daughter recently got assessed by them and got told that by the time they can give me an appointment she could have been seeing the school counsellor, a great idea ..........if your child will enter the school building.....hope u have better luck than me.

xxx
Jo