school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
An excellent movie on mental illness

I watch the movie Silver Linings Playbook a couple nights ago. The main character is so much like my teenage son. I don't know what to think about this as the main character is diagnosed with bipolar and my son has only been diagnosed with depression and anxiety. The movie is excellent. The effects of mental illness on a family is portrayed with insight and compassion. I highly recommend it.

Re: An excellent movie on mental illness

HI Terskac,

Thanks for sharing this. I will most certainly seek this out. I have also wondered about the bi-polar issue as my son's moods have always changed quite dramatically during a day from overly high to terribly low which can be a symptom in children....but that can come with just the frustration of anxiety... so who knows!! Perhaps we will all see something of our children in this movie?
Linda