school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
We have turned a corner

Hi All,

I haven't posted for a while but i have been keeping an eye on whats been happening. I want to share with you all how well my daughter all of a sudden is doing.

Since Monday she has been going into school in the afternoons to work on her own in a room the school have provided her with. she has done it with no panic or visible sign of anxiety and we are so proud of her. She still has her hhts tutor two afternoons and isnt ready to go into a class yet but she is slowly making wonderful progress. some of her teachers have been to see her and she has dealt with this with such maturity.

Its a long road we all tread and we are no where near the end but to be actually moving along it is wonderful.

Take care everyone and as I always say never give up hope as it is all we have.

Sue

Re: We have turned a corner

Fantastic Sue - this is such a relief for you and her. Even if your daughter has anystep backwards - she knows where she has been able to reach forward to - so hopefully can keep moving forward.
Good news indeed -
Let us know how it continues - or any insight your daughter might have on why she feels now able to take these steps?
take care
Linda