school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Hi everyone

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I hope all your sons/daughters can relax or at least try. Sometimes Christmas day itself can be a challenge for anxiety disorders. If anyone is having trouble with their children during this break - I'll pop by sometimes to offer any support. Sometimes we just need to offload and have someone listen.

You have all been a wonderful support for me during these last weeks of the year when things went a bit awry. It meant an awful lot to me to read your comments of support and remember I am not alone on this road and you all understand how things can be sometimes. My son is in a much happier place in his mind now...and I will be much more prepared for any future such upturns. I hope that those of you struggling - can take a few steps forward in the next few weeks and then continue on the road forward. It is a long road - but it is nice to have friends who understand along the way - thank you.

Meanwhile - lets hope for a positive 2014 for everyone - where schools will start to listen - friends and family will rally round - we find ways to help our sons/daughters, and our children find strategies to move forward, no matter how small the steps....and that we as parents find ways to live in the moment and accept and find ways to tap into our own interests, hobbies and ways of relaxing to balance the stress in our lives.
Take care and enjoy the break : )
Linda xx

Re: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Ahhh that's lovely Linda. A very happy Christmas to you too. Hope it's is a good one :-) x x x x

A very Happy Christmas to everyone and here's hoping 2014 will be a better, happier year for all.

Your words sum it up perfectly. This forum has been a Godsend to me also, especially for the validation and not feeling so isolated with the very difficult challenges having an SR child brings.

Wishing everyone and your children and loved ones a very happy Christmas and may 2014 hold many positive forward steps for us all.

Clarity :)