school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Exposure Therapy

Hi all,

Linda I think it's human to nature to assume that if we dangle a 'carrot' in front of someone they'll reach out to grab it. So many people really don't see the anxiety behind the anxiety that SR kids suffer.

I agree that it can look like a behaviourial issue and if someone offers them something really attractive, then the issue will cease to be.
Oh if it were only that simple. know at the beginning when my daughter's SR started, I would have promised her the moon to get it to stop, and I feel that any parent on here would do the same.

But as time goes by, you realise that the solution will never be that simple. Some people don't or won't see that.

I'm sorry your son's Dad offered him a trip to USA like that. So disappointing for your son.
Take care.