school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Helping a teen with school phobia, myself.

Hi Teevska

Sorry to hear you have been feeling so frustrated. Remember you are not alone. There are many young people who feel like you do and it doesn't have to be for ever - there is always help somewhere. Remember - you might find that you study better when you are older.
Perhaps you can work first and then later on you can go back to university?
You can also seek further help from student support through your university. Most universities have student support workers who will help students who are having difficulties. Or your local doctor - and ask about medication?

I do understand that in Macedonia there is perhaps not strong support for mental health issues. I notice, however, that there are community mental health services in Skopje, Prilep and Tetovo. I have read that the World Health Organisation has been working with Macedonia for a change to improve mental health support since 2004.

If you can, seek support from friends on the Internet and your family. There are some on-line help sites for anyone suffering from anxiety. Have you seen the following site? It offers some sites that can help from any where in the world.
http://www.anxieties.com/163/freeinformationalsites

Take care and always seek help like you are doing - it is better to share a heavy load than carry it yourself. There is help for you - but it sometimes takes time.
Linda