school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FROM Kathy

Linda
Dec 4, 2014 - 10:28PM
Quote Reply From Kathy
(I am just transferring a post made by Kathy in the Mental Heath section of the website as I think more help can come from being on the main School Refusal form)

kathy
Dec 2, 2014 - 10:16AM
Quote Reply Re: staying sane
My son is 12 has never liked school and now refuses to go, the school have been amazing taking him out only having him there for 2 hours a day, but this has not helped. When I try to get him there he swears and kicks out, which is not like him. The school have no answers neither do I, has been seen at CAMHS but he wont engage. I am at the end of my tether get phone calls at work continually from school and him saying he has run away again. I am on my own with my two boys and are taking AD.

Re: FROM Kathy

Hi Kathy

I realised you also posted on the end of another post and I did reply. How are things going?

I think I may have said - but the first two things that helped us was when I accepted my son had a mental health issue and then he accepted this as well. We then started to take those small steps forward. Maturity later kicks in and is of great help...but eludes us sometimes as well - but my son is beginning to learn to manage some things.
It will get better - hang in there - and make sure you take time out for yourself. You are a good mum and doing all you can.
Take care
Linda