school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 13 y/o refuses to go to school

Thank you, Keith, for this encouraging update.

It can be a long haul though some very dark tunnels, but we just have to keep going.

Simon

Re: 13 y/o refuses to go to school

Hi Keith

That is great news! You must be so relieved to have broken through the barrier and startd to have success. I can't imagine my son ever getting up at 6am! I hope the success continues and remember, all steps, no matter how small, are all good.
You have certainly had your fair share of stress. You have some words of wisdom for all of us, so you have obviously been finding ways to manage despite the negatives you faced.
Make sure you do keep up your strength and don't put off the idea that you may need your own counselling and even anti depressants. I have taken anti depressants to help me through and am glad I have.

Thinking of you and hoping you can spend some time on you now and get some normality back imto your life. Even if ther are further hiccups, remember you have both come a long way amd can alway move ahead again.
All the best
Linda