school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My son

Linda and Simon. Hope you are both well. It's been along time since I was last here and hope you remember me. As you know my son was a school refuser for the majority of his school life and I spent many hours chatting to you on here. Well I just wanted to update you on his progress. From being aggro phobic and frightened of his own shadow not going to school no social life etc he is now teaching and coaching children many of whom have had difficulties in life. He works away from home quite a lot as he assists and leads outward bound courses. He has found his vocation in life and can you believe it. So there is light at the end of the tunnel and I only wish he could have had someone like he is now to have helped him. Hope you are well and keep smiling. Sarah xx

Re: My son

Oh Sarah, that is wonderful news! I am so glad you have updated us as I do often think of you when I come on he and remember all those hard times you went through and how supportive you were to me when things were upside down!
Your son has done so well for himself. All those years ago you would never have believed this, would you! And he would have so much understanding and empathy with those kids.

We are still on a bit of a rocky road...so you give hope! Thanks. My son, however, has done amazing things to be where he is now and even just 12 months months ago I wouldn't have believed it. You were also a terrific supportive mum to your son.
Again, lovely to hear from you Sarah and wishing your son a great road ahead with his new found career.
Take care
Linda