school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
On the up

It is not easy reading of all the tales of woe when things are looking up here. It is all so disheartening when I read of things going wrong.

We had a good weekend because our No1 daughter took her work to a craft fair and cam home several hundred pounds better off - so she is in a good mood! And she is at last moving back out of the family home into a flat. So that's all good.

Daughter No2 was low and demanding a day off school. Fate intervened and the school was closed because of snow, so she was able to stay at home anyway. Actually, the school was closed because the snow plough toppled over and the bus routes were not cleared. The story continues because the van with the traffic cones to divert vehicles away from the crash site itself went off the road.

So we are all back on the happy route again. (And the crashed vehicles have been towed away)

So, my heart goes out to those who have been posting here in the past week or two. Rough times all round! I have no pearly words of wisdom to share, other that to remind everyone to look after themselves. Our children cannot survive without us, and we need our strength to be able to support them.

Yours aye,

Simon

Re: On the up

This is good to hear, Simon. It is so nice if we can see our kids move forward and just so great to hear how a series of events that could have turned out differently, turned out well : )
All the best -
Linda