school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 5 year old ASD (Aspergers) school refuser

Hi Anne-Marie

Thanks for letting others know about your website and the help you give. The link at the bottom didn't go to your website, so if anyone wants to get in touch they need to cut and past the website address you gave.
It is hard finding help, so any is very much appreciated.
Thanks,
Linda

Re: 5 year old ASD (Aspergers) school refuser

Hi Linda,

Thank you for your message & letting me know about the link. My website can be found on Google by searching AMC SEN.

Through my own personal & professional experience I have been shocked by how widespread a problem school refusal is. It has been apparent that there is just not enough help & support out there. I found that what little support there is, people just aren't aware it's there. The other issue is that it's not a complete support & I found professionals could only help with a few aspects but not the all the issues I faced combined so there was never progress. I only found progress once I took the lead & did it for myself. My daughter is now attending an independent school every day!

Sites like this a brilliant to bring everyone together & not to feel alone!

Kind regards
Anne-Marie