school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: How are you managing?

Thanks Simon,

Appreciate your post. Some of the things you mention make 100% sense to me. I have big fears of removing the xbox and phone as that is the only place that she communicates with the close friends she has...none of these go her school.

Reading through the many forum posts has been really useful to me, to see how others have the issue, to see how they cope and to read practical thoughts and ideas of what to do next!

Tomorrow is Monday, a day the rest of the family fear, how will she be, what will she react like, will she go in, will she sleep tonight???

Afer a big family discussion last week and a further visit to the drs, We are currently on a plan....hoping she goes in for 2nd lesson tomorrow, 1st lesson Tuesday and form the rest of the week, i doubt it will happen but can only try.

One difference i have noted between my daughter and many of the others is that once she does get in to school , her fears and issues do diminish, and generally she does manage to get through the rest of the day without too much problem...that gives us hope i guess!

Lets see what tomorrow brings and i will check back in to share.....Glad i found this place....thanks!

thanks dj.
She didn't get to sleep until 3am. trying to wake up now. she loves school when she goes but it is getting her there. she goes for a few days then refuses again. she had bad teacher last school year and few accidents at school which doesn't help. Headmaster not helpful. Thinking of changing schools. Has one more year at primary.
Diane

Hi dj

My 14 year old is the same once I get him to school which is rare he is fine no problems and people just don't see the actual nightmare we have gone through to get him there, I think it's the thought of going rather than what happens when he gets there 😩