school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: School Refusal

Thank you Linda. I think the doctor is just stalling as I asked if he could refer him to a paediatrician which he was very against. Somebody else advised me that he should see a paediatrician to rule out any other things such as AS/ADHD????? He has never presented before so I think that is why the doctor is so reluctant. Again he was reluctant about medication and CAMS said it was up to them to sort out any medication he may need (does anybody actually know what they are doing?).

I have decided today after another emotional anxious trip to school that I am not going to do this anymore - who is gaining from this definitely not Joe and he should be my priority as school is his anxiety (I think I said the school have insisted I take him every day even though he can't get out the car and his anxiety is sky high - I report to the office every day that we have turned up but that he won't be in (I have no idea why they feel the need for me to do this and am sure I am ticking a box in some way).

I am going to take the school pressure off hire a tutor and school him at home for a bit until we get additional help from CAMS. I am hoping the school might offer some help but to date they have refused as he is not attending - I feel I am bashing my head against a brick wall and nobody has any definite answer for me. I have absolutely no idea what could have caused the anxiety but you hit the nail on the head about previous signs - he has never had sleepovers at friends houses, we tried but I would always get a call to say he wanted to come home.

Again Linda thank you for your support - I am going to try my new plan of action and will let you know how I get on (I'm sure it will change but am willing to try anything at this stage).

Susanx