JUMPERS MESSAGE BOARD
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
canajoharie falls(gorge)

yes with the death of a 16 year old girl at the falls one must step back and look to see if there is logic in this site and it's master iam am for his right to post what he wants but when a child dies he should step back and take a long hard look. no one is so hard core that a death of a young girl whose life has not yet started ends so sadly

Re: canajoharie falls(gorge)

hey, for sure its s horrible tragidy when someone dies in this sport. however every single sport does have tragedy's and yet there are many skydiving sites, and many other extreme sport sites. there are clear warnings on the front page of the risks involved. i don't believe a website like this can be held responsible for anything, its simply a guide for those who love the sport.

Hey I remember Jesse Narbringer. He was 18 with a .33 BAC. the alcohol played more of a role in his death than jumping. Was this girl drunk too? I think these poor canjorhorians would be better off going after the people who procur these children alcohol which plays a signifcant role in any accident in which the idiot was drunk.

I just spent a month in America.
Here are my revelations...

Take some responsibility for yourselves.
e.g Lets sue McDonalds 'cos I'm fat.
It's your life, look after yourself.
People on this site are responsible, smart individuals. Check your jumps, know your spots, know your limits, be sober, and above all be careful.
Joe, nor anyone else here makes you jump, make up your own mind and look after yourself.

hey sry to hear about the death very sad we have had lots of deaths were i jump up in vernon bc but i dont think u can blame the death on the site sure she got directions to the jump place but the site didnt make her jump that was her own decsion but ya hope for all the best out there later

wes

the logic in this site is easy to see, and so are the great things jump/web master Joe has done for cliff jumpers, your argument,however , lacks logic. Maybe if you could come up with one GOOD reason to have the posting taken down, it might happen. Do you seriously think if it was removed the number of deaths occuring at the falls would decrease? maybe you should take a step back and look long and hard at your appraoch to improving this situation. It would make more sense to start your anti-cliff jumping crusade in Canajoharie, instead of using the internet to blame people who live thousands of miles away.

hey i plan to go the next town board and get in contact with the right people if the runner of this site has no fear he will take his ass to ny and attend a board meeting and say who he is.

Send me a round trip plane ticket...If Im coming, you're buying!

hey william im not trying to be an ass but blaming the site for the death of the girl doesnt make sense, cause what ure saying is it was because of directions and pics from the site so if i go on a road trip to a place i saw in a pamphlet and get in a car acciedent and die my family or friends cant make them shut down the buisness caus it showed me pics and directions. i think u should just wait a bit till u get over the grieving of losing this friend or family then come talk to us dont get us shut down out of anger and talk nice to jumpmaster he doesnt take to kindly at getting bad mouthed i know and hey u never know mabey u can work a deal with him but thats what i think

wes

Hey I'm wondering why this guy is tripping about the web/jumpmaster coming to his town's little meeting. Why would anyone be scared to go to a city council meeting? I just don't see it as an cost-effective or even reasonable demand.

woohoo free trip to new york!! don't read any pamphlets about the area though

1 2