JUMPERS MESSAGE BOARD
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
How Deep?

Hi Folks,

A few more questions for the enlightened to have a go at:

1 How deep does the water have to be to safely accommodate a 15 stone jumper from 10 feet, 20 feet, 30 feet, 40 feet 50 feet etc?

2 Er.....I cant remember what my second question was!

Thanks

Mark J

Re: How Deep?

if the water is 12 ft deep, you are all good, if you don't have good form you won't go that deep,and the higher you go ,the less water you need,

Jesse,

What are you talking about?? The higher you go, the less water you need?? Explain please...

Mmmmm..... doesnt seem right that! the higher you go the less water you need! Wanna explain that one to me?

the faster you fall, the harder you hit the water,the more the water acts like a solid, the faster it slows you down,so the less you need,it's not the fall that kills, it's the sudden stop at the end, if you go too high, you splatter your self on the surface of the water before you have a chance to go through it.
When i jumped off the top of Red Rock, and the Punchbowls i didn't go as deep as when i did the little 20 footers.
if you don't believe me, do some big jumps and find out for yourself

When you land flat on your back, from even 30 feet, you sink into the water slowly. If it wasn't for the splash you could almost keep your hair dry. Does anyone really want to do that? You need at least 10 feet of water, 8 if you are a total lunatic.

hey skorch waht about 5 and a half feet from 30 feet up lol.

Well you'll find out how well you bounce

what's the biggest cliff jump you guys have done without any water?i've jumped twenty feet into sand before, i won't do it again, though.

well ya i've done the sand jumping thing at a party. 15ft or so, lol the ladies love it. and i've jumped off a train trestle into about 7ft of water and it was around 15ft up.

i do the waiheke one (18m, which i think is about 60ft?) at low tide into about 8 foot of water.

that is because i know that it is a sand bottom, and hitting the bottom feels like jumping off of a picnic table onto the ground.
so hitting the bottom is not a problem, as long as you know exactly what is down there.

1 2