JUMPERS MESSAGE BOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jumpers-can you help a wrongly convicted man?

I am trying to get an innocent man out of jail. He has been wrongly convicted of throwing his girlfriend to her death off a well known suicide spot. The height of the cliff is 29m (think that is 100 feet imperial measurement) and they say that he (80kg and 6’1” – i.e. long and lean) managed to pick up this woman (5’10” and 60kg) and throw her like a spear to a distance of 11.8m (39 feet)!! Yeah, I know – how the heck do you throw a struggling woman – or an unconscious one – that far “like a spear”?! It’s complete madness but unfortunately he’s doing time as a result and he should not be.

I am leading the campaign to get him out and I came across your extreme sport on the web. From watching the videos it only serves to convince me further that it would have been possible for the girl to jump to her death (she was a depressive who had attempted suicide on more than one occasion before!)

What I need to do is prove that someone can jump that distance. Obviously I don’t expect to find someone willing (or silly) enough to actually jump the 29m (100ft I think!)(she don't know us very well do she? ) but I am pretty convinced that you would reach this distance from a height of approx 70 feet.

That’s the reason for my question and why I asked if anyone had actually measured how far out cliff jumpers land when jumping from approx 70 or 80 feet.

Anyone you can suggest I talk to?
Thanks
Jackie Schmidt
Tel: 08 8364 4938
Fax: 08 8364 1720
Mob: 0412 126 484
E: jssprods@chariot.net.au