JUMPERS MESSAGE BOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Directions to good cliff jumping spots in the Upper Peninsula MI?

Hey I live in traverse city and we always go to the UP in the summer so I was wondering if anyone had directions to the black rocks, dead river and little presque isle in Marquette, Canyon river falls in L'anse, and the bridge is kingsford. Thanks guys.

Re: Directions to good cliff jumping spots in the Upper Peninsula MI?

Nick, we have 5 cliff jump sites and 1 bridge jump in Michigan. The bridge is in Kingsford! Here's a link to our member info page: http://www.airabovewater.com/airabovewater/getpaid.php

I would just like directions please, i am not a big enough cliff jumper to become a member.

That's what they all say... Join the club or find them yourself!

IMPORTANT TOPIC FOR NEW JUMPERS AND VISITORS TO THIS SITE -
There have been quite a few requests through this forum from people looking for new jump sites to check out or visit. It is evident that some do not want to become a member of AAW but desire to have the information.

Let me tell you a little about myself in hopes that it will shed some light on the true dynamics of what it takes to operate this website.

I am a husband, and father of two awesome young boys. I work a regular job, most of the time over 40 hours a week, 6 days a week to support my family so that my wife can be at home to home school our children.

I am also a cliff jumper. And have a love and passion for it, and for sharing the joy of it with the world. And look forward to sharing the joy of it with my two boys as well.

I hope that you who have reservations, and negative opinions of becoming a member, will be able to think outside your own little box for a moment.

My hope is that you understand that my start of the membership is not a selfish means at all, but necessary.

This site was started way back in 1999. I started it as a hobby and have been grateful for how it has grown. Since then, we have racked up darn near 400 different jump sites all over the world.

In January 2010, I started a membership service.

The membership serves two purposes. The first one being financial help with running the site. The running of this site takes place on the limited extra time I have left. It is NOT an easy task running and keeping up with the maintenance.

When I first started the membership, I was doing it on a learning curve. I soon found out who my friends and true supporters were and who all is just out to get what they want and don't understand there is a real person, with a "REAL" life. Not just a man who sits behind a computer all day and jumps off cliffs. Those are joys, but I have another part of my life and squeezing in my time for this site is a blessing, but challening - because of the time and energy needed for it.

We have it pretty much dialed in now and all new jumpers are going to have to put in there fair share. New jumpers or visitors need to pay or play. Send us a new jump site for membership or pay for entrance to find a new jump site. You can even get paid now for new jump sites!! So, to sum it all up...thank you to all the jumpers over the last 12 years who have made AAW the one and only worldwide cliff and bridge jumping resource. And , to all new jumpers and visitors...the new jump site submission torch has been handed over to you!

I really, really hope that by me explaining the dynamics of what it takes to Own/operate this site that you will support me in this. My hope is that you will be able to understand that it truly does take a lot of time, money and energy to make this look good, and enjoyable for us all.

Joe Sellars
Founder
airabovewater.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iebCSR26M8Q

All the spots are on here.