Return to Website

Reunion Suggestion Board/Forum

Use this page to post and discuss reunion suggestions, ask questions, general chat or anything you want!!

Reunion Suggestion Board/Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The reunion was wonderful...

Hi there,

just got in from the 3 hour drive home. I'm going for a nap but before I do I wanted to personally thank each of you on the planning committee for a fabulous job. The reunion was wonderful.

The time and effort it must have taken to plan this event from far away places amazes me.

The dinner (both days) was delicious. And the video show at the banquet was brilliant. To sit there and look into the faces of these kids, was like I was looking at strangers. The music choice was perfect.

To look into their eyes and see that they did not have a single clue about what the real world is going to be like, to see the hopes, and sparks in their eyes in the video... And then to be sitting with those same people 10 years later with the accumulated wisdom of education, birth, loss, dreams made and broken, and dreams yet to be filled was a MOMENT for me. I actually welled up watching it.

It was a treasured weekend. I am so glad I went, and I hope those of you who didn't go will make a point of hitting the 20 year reunion. Because each one of you who was not there was missed by SOMEONE. No excuses at the 20 year, none of us will be pregnant (we hope ha ha) and our kids will be old enough to abandon for the weekend.

I loved reconnecting with my old friends, and actually taking time to talk with some of you I didn't know back in school. I wish we had a little of the wisdom we have now back then, because I know I missed out on some truly significant friendships by not making more of an effort to know you back then.

I am really proud of us. We turned out pretty good. I am counting the days until our 20 year reunion. See you all there... you have ten years to free up your schedules. And again, thanks to the planning group, you guys deserve a huge group hug from all of us. I know lots of people who never had reunions because nobody cared enough to organize one. But the fact that you care so much about us is fabulous. Take care all of you, and keep my e-mail and drop me a line.

Oh yes, and one more thing.... I have ten years to devote my life to inventing a super powered laser beam operated 50 gallon 7000 psi portable jet powered nitrous injected water torpedo launcher..... It's gonna kick the ass off of my sons crappy $30 double barrel battery operated radio shack water gun... So bring your water rings you wretched float riders.... mmmmmwwwwaaaahahahahhaa!!! (that was an evil laugh...)