Return to Website

Reunion Suggestion Board/Forum

Use this page to post and discuss reunion suggestions, ask questions, general chat or anything you want!!

Reunion Suggestion Board/Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Something I noticed. . .

I just wanted to share something that I noticed at the reunion that was so heartwarming to me. I hope that others that attended noticed the same thing. It's natural in H.S. to have "clicks", you know, we all had our own groups so to speak. Our class was less clicky than others in H.S. but we still had our groups for sure. Well, at the reunion I noticed the old lines being re-drawn. What used to be several circles widened into one big circle where (it seemed to me) everyone was a part of the group. I saw people actually seek out people they didn't ever speak to in H.S. and it was SO great. Man have we matured eh? We all share a common thread in our individual histories, and it felt to me that most of us really embraced that last weekend--I know I did. I really enjoyed meeting the spouses and families of everyone, and was so impressed by your better halves! lol My daughter really latched on to Cole Nelson's daughter (they were born 2 weeks apart)--and who would have thought that 10 yrs after graduation our kids would be skipping and holding hands down the halls of our high school? To me the reunion wasn't about nostalgia of High School days and memories as much as it was about forming new memories and friendships, deeper than what we were capable of in H.S., and being grateful for the threads you've each sewn into my life (as Mr. Roe said Fri. night). Cheesy as that sounds (and I hate cheesy, so here I go breaking my own rule), it really is true. I really missed seeing those that weren't able to make it, and hope you all plan on attending the 20 year!!! (or if you are ever in Texas, y'all give me a call! I can take you alligator hunting--man, the things I've resorted to for entertainment! lol

Re: Something I noticed. . .

I agree Steph. (sorry this is a little late, but I always seem to do things a little late.) It was really tough for some people in HS when the cliques ran the halls, we all were drawn towards something familiar, but as someone who reaches out to those on the fringe and those in the middle, I was happy to see most people getting past the walls and fences that seperate us sometimes. Like threads we were all woven together for years, some of us since kindergarten, and we take this foundation with us no matter where we land, be it Texas or the Yukon, England or Cardston. See you again, sometime, old friends.
Ann